Saturday, February 18, 2012

What is Your Favorite Gadget, er, Tool?

I LOVE my iPad and cannot imagine my job without it.  It is portable and FAST.  Being on the fly, I work at libraries, in a cubicle at headquarters, from my car, at the local coffee shop... You name it.  I've even updated MARC records at the airport.


Dropbox allows me to access all of my files regardless of my location and the computer I am using.  I can even share files with my partner, so we can work together to add pages to our Policy & Procedure Manual or draft agendas for upcoming meetings without having to mail them back and forth. The Dropbox app allows me to open these files on my iPad.

I was overjoyed with these capabilities and then along came something BETTER.... CloudOn.  Now I am no longer limited to just viewing and emailing my documents from my iPad (or iPhone), I can manipulate the content of my Excel, Word, and PowerPoint files.

What is your favorite tool?

1 comment:

  1. I must agree with you Cindy, I never thought my iPad would take preference over my computer!

    ReplyDelete